Eczema is a progressive yet treatable skin disease that is the form of dermatitis or inflammation of upper layer of skin.
Eczema is broad term applied to the different type's skin condition. Skin becomes dry and there are frequent skin rashes that initially come from the given symptoms: redness, skin edema, itching and dryness, flaking, crusting, blistering, cracking, oozing or bleeding. Sometimes the skin discoloration may appear because of lesions and scarring.
* There are different causes of eczema, which depends upon the types.
* Atopic eczema is cause of hereditary condition. The patients of atopic eczema are sensitive to allergens.
* In atopy there is an excessive reaction against the immune system producing inflamed, irritated skin.
* Associated atopic eczema includes asthma and high fever.
* Other types of eczema are caused by irritants like chemicals as well as detergents such as nickel and yeast growths.
* Another cause of eczema is problems in your blood circulation in legs or hands depending upon the organ affected.
* Sometimes the environmental factors and stress are being observed.
Atopic eczema: This is the common form of the eczema which is closely linked to the asthma and high fever. Both children as well as adults can be affected by eczema. It has one common symptom of itchiness almost unbearable. Other symptoms are as usual dryness and redness with inflammation. This redness is caused by the consistent scratching which eventually results into splitting of skin.
To decrease the pain of inflammation, treatment includes the maintenance of skin with help of hydration and steroid.
Allergic contact dermatitis: Allergy refers to the reaction of your immune system against a matter whenever it comes in a contact with the skin. For this particular skin disease, allergic reaction may occur when the skin comes in contact with the nickel earrings or any ornament jeans button made by nickel. Along with it chemicals such as perfumes and rubber may also cause the reaction. Best way to get cure is to avoid contacts with such as metals and chemical.
Irritants contact dermatitis: This kind of eczema is caused by recurrent contact with everyday substances they are like detergents and other chemicals used for daily purpose. These chemical causes the irritating to skin. Usually it occurs on the hands of adults. One way to prevent it is to avoid irritants and try to keep your skin moisturized.
Infantile seborrhoeic eczema: This type generally influences babies under the age of 1 year. The nappy areas or scalps get affected quickly as compare to other parts. Though it looks quite horrible but your baby will not be uncomfortable with it. It can be cured in few days by using moisturizing cream and bath oils.
Adult seborrhoeic eczema: It affects the adults between the ages from 20 to 40 year. It appears like mild dandruff, can spread on face, ears and chest. In this case because of a continuous etching skin becomes red inflamed and starts flaking. It strictly needs anti-fungal cream to be use daily.